Thursday, April 19, 2012

Look who is 16!

Happy Sweet 16 Grant!

Grant is now officially 16!  It is hard to believe it has been 16 years since he came into the world.  He was born on the one year anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing, the most heinous attack by an American on Americas on our own soil.    The day of the bombing I was wrought with grief and disbelief.  I ended up falling asleep that afternoon while nursing Emily and I had the strangest dream.  In the dream my husband's aunt, who had passed away shortly before Jay and I were married, appeared to me, holding a baby wrapped in a blue blanket.  She says to me "I know that you are troubled, but on this day, next year, you will have cause to celebrate"......Grant was due on May 17th, he made his appearance just after 1 AM on April 19th, on the anniversary of the bombing.


Other things I remember about that day:

1) Jay fainted during the delivery....Grant had his cord wrapped about his neck 3x and as he crowned, the doctor snipped the cord and blood went SPURTING across the room, the doctor held Grant with one hand and tried to catch Jay with the other!

2) Grant had the funniest shaped head, it kind of reminded me of a Klingon from Star Trek (no, I am NOT a Trekkie, but my mother loved the show)....luckily it straightened itself out pretty quickly!

Sophia made Grant his birthday cake.  When asked what kind of birthday cake he wanted, he said "one made with love" to which I replied "well you better ask someone else to make it!"...Sophia was happy to fulfill his request!


No comments:

Post a Comment