Saturday, April 14, 2012

Jacob turns 14!

Jacob's birth was the one that took us from the realm of an almost normal sized family to that of a LARGE family!

Jacob was very sick and appeared septic at birth, he was group B strep positive.  He arrived after 36 hours of very intense labor, much on his own accord, because I was far too exhausted to push him into the world.  I crafted his middle name in honor of the midwife that stayed with me through my entire labor.  He was whisked away to the Intensive Care Unit at University Hospital right after he was born and put on IV antibiotics to fight the infection.  Despite the prolonged labor, Jacob had the most beautiful round head when he was born, he was the most beautiful baby, and if I don't say so myself, has matured into a quite handsome teenager!


No comments:

Post a Comment