Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I have always believed in the magic that is Christmas, but this year, I was overwhelmed by the giving, generous spirit of so many around us, friends and strangers alike,  it truely made this Christmas the best one we ever had!  Grant might disagree, he still remembers the Christmas about 7 or 8 years ago, when we had NO HEAT and the temperature in the house was 48 degrees and were all huddled under blankets in the living room, in our winter coats and gloves, trying to keep warm with the help of one very small space heater as the best Christmas ever, but this one definitely gets my vote!  Believe me, it could have been the worst one ever, literally we could have been on the street, hearing recited over and over again "there is no room at the inn" but through God's grace and the helping hands of so many, we have a cozy space to share and our beautiful family is together.

I also was able to breath a small sigh of relief as the "curse" of Christmas past chose not to rear its head...10 years ago we lost my Grandmother on Christmas day, 5 years ago we lost my Dad...the clock has struck midnight and we are all still here....not that I don't long for my heavenly home, but today I am so happy, so blessed by my present "home" here on earth!







I hope this Christmas has found you surrounded by those you love and that you have fond memories to look back on!

This past year has been one heck of a ride, one that I never thought I would be forced to take, but it has now become part of our history and legacy!  Looking forward to see what the future has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment